Translation Project Manager
The Translation Project Manager is responsible for coordinating House of Languages’ multilingual document translation projects.
- Manage and coordinate all phases of document translation projects:
- Review translation requests and assess needs for additional information
- Prepare files for translation
- Negotiate project budgets and schedules with customers and translators
- Monitor and control project status
- Perform quality checks at various stages
- Submit completed translations to customers
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with customers and contract translators
- Develop efficient workflows and oversee the use and maintenance of translation memories, style guides, and glossaries
- Maintain accurate and up to date administrative tasks
Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to general and administrative office tasks.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Professional experience in a translation industry
- Proficiency with computer assisted translation (CAT) tools
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and Adobe InDesign
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferable in linguistics or translation related studies)
- Must be extremely detail oriented and have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, work independently and under pressure in a fast-passed environment
- Consider herself (or himself) smart, creative, positive and patient.
- Ability to keep all customer and business information confidential
- Foreign language proficiency is a plus
This is a part-time (20 hours a week) with a potential of becoming a full-time position. The position will remain open until filled.
If you are interested, please send your resume and compensation requirements to questions at houseoflanguages dot com.
Contract Interpreter/Translator Jobs
House of Languages is seeking outstanding bilingual candidates with a passion for languages, excellent computer skills, attention to detail, a strong work ethic and a desire to learn.
If you are interested in joining House of Languages, please send your resume to
questions at houseoflanguages dot com.